domenica 9 marzo 2008

Office 2007: VBA and Web Services

In the past I used the SOAP Toolkit to access Web Services in Office applications using VBA (for a gentle introduction you can take a look at this white paper). It was quite simple to use and the results were quite satisfying.
In these days I was looking for an alternative to be used in Office 2007. Unfortunatly I found that there is no choice: you can't use it and there isn't any substitute for it (see this page for detalis; the title is quite eloquent "SOAP Toolkit + Vista + Excel 2007 + Call Web Services = Impossible").

I know that Microsoft has no plan to support VBA any more (nor Visual Basic). But I found useful to write VBA macros for a lot of simple projects without programming with .NET platform. And I'm not alone. See the VB petition: a lot of people would like to continue to use VB and VBA in the "classic" flavor. If you have my own idea please subscribe the petition!

1 commento:

Unknown ha detto...

Hi,Practical design methodologies underpinned by common information models in Web Design Cochin can be adapted by web design and development teams to create practical robust content templates, and develop task and work flows. Thanks.....